Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fear vs Fierce


Nothing beats a failure but to try...

This is my first blog EVER and can I just say I'm scared to death! Scared of failure and the possible ridicule, but to be perfectly honest I'm really fearful of success and all that comes with it. Sharing my passion for fashion is something that I have wanted to do for so long but just couldn't muster up the courage to do it. Friends and family have been encouraging me for years to realize that I have a talent and to step out on faith. Starting this blog is my leap of faith!

  I'm a woman of a particular age(50's) and size(curvy/plus whatever you prefer to call it) who is comfortable in her skin and has embraced aging. I have a passion for fashion and all things girly...shoes, makeup, jewelry, things that sparkle, the color pink etc. My daughters tell me all the time "Mom you are so EXTRA" I consider that a compliment!  :)

I'm about to embark on a journey thought to only be traveled by younger women. I've done my research and there are several bloggers who are targeting the mature/grown and curvy/plus size demographics but I offer an added twist. I wear my platinum/silver/gray hair with pride! My desire is to share with other women no matter what your age, size or hair color that you too can be stylish and confident while being comfortable in your own skin. 

"Fashion fades only Style remains the same"
                                      ~Coco Chanel~

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Your beautiful silver mane is inspiring me to put down the semi permanent hair dye! Love the fashion tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joy!!! Yes girl... leave that dye alone and embrace your status as a mature woman! You have earned every silver strand!

    ReplyDelete